[Qbs] Linker Flags auto escaping troubles

Benjamin B (BBenj) balga.benjamin at gmail.com
Tue Jul 4 16:37:31 CEST 2017

Hello,

I run into some troubles with the auto-escaping feature of cpp.linkerFlag.
I have a project with some linker flags, like that (just some of them):

cpp.linkerFlags:[

        "-gdwarf-2",

        "-mcpu=cortex-m0plus",

        "-mthumb"

And while previously (when the auto escaping was not forced) the resulting
linker command (part of it) was:

arm-none-eabi-g++ -gdwarf-2 -mcpu=cortex-m0plus -mthumb

It is now escaped:

arm-none-eabi-g++ -Wl,-gdwarf-2,-mcpu=cortex-m0plus,-mthumb

And the linker doesn't like it (error "arm-none-eabi/bin/ld: unrecognised
emulation mode: thumb").

How to not have these flags escaped? Some property I missed?

I am using Qt Creator 4.3.1 (Qbs 1.8.1).

Thank you,

Best regards,
Benjamin