[Qbs] Qbs and QtC status

Christian Gagneraud chgans at gmail.com
Wed Jun 7 05:01:16 CEST 2017

Hi there,

I have used Qbs for some (small) open source projects, and I'm very
happy with it (unlike some of your grumpy blog commenters).
I wish I could push for Qtc/Qbs here at work (way bigger/complex
projects), but i don't think that Qbs+QtC is near ready for
production.

I know you guys are busy working hard on "lot of stuff". But could any
of you provide some (very) rough estimates/roadmap for Qbs and for Qbs
integration into QtC? I am as well interested to hear if you have
different plans for open source vs clients (my employer is a Qt
client). My focus is on C++ Embedded Linux and Linux+Windows desktop,
QML being considered.

Basically, my question is when do you think i will be able to use
Qbs+QtC and be able to do these in a GUI friendly way:
- Create a brand new project
- Add a app/test/lib/plugin to a "big" project
- run/debug/analyse on Windows/Linux desktop and remote Linux device
- Manage a complex build matrix for a large set of different embedded
systems (Product/CPU/Toolchain/(Linux)OS)

I think most of the above is already doable if and only if you don't
mind getting your hands dirty and having to maintain/migrate your "qbs
sauce" every now and then.

Thanks in advance,
Chris