[Qbs] Global qbsSearchPaths within Qt Creator

Benjamin Balga balga.benjamin at gmail.com
Thu Mar 30 17:07:11 CEST 2017

Hi,

I'm trying to make some custom qbs items available across all my qbs projects in QtCreator, but I can't figure out how to do that. I followed http://doc.qt.io/qbs/custom-modules.html, adding the path in qbsSearchPaths, but it doesn't work (items are not found). I also tried to add the path in QtCreator preferences for the kit I use (profile properties), no luck either.

On my disk I have :
/test/qbs/imports/Test.qbs:

import qbs
Product {
}

I set qbsSearchPaths to "/test/qbs".

In my qbs project I have:
//import Test // doesn't work
CppApplication {
    Test { // Error: unexpected item type

Is it a bug, or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks,

Best regards,
Benjamin