[Qbs] QBS for QML plugins

Wolfgang Baron Wolfgang.Baron at gmx.net
Wed May 3 17:51:20 CEST 2017

Am 03.05.2017 um 10:26 schrieb Christian Kandeler:
> On 05/03/2017 12:10 AM, Wolfgang Baron wrote:
>> I have not found a built-in item or module to produce QML plugins using
>> a QBS project. Does anyone have a link? I am interested in three setups:
>>

>> 1) qmldir + C++ classes in plugin shared object + plugins.qmltypes
>>
>> 2) qmldir + QML files
>>
>> 3) qmldir + C++ classes and QML files as a resource in shared object +
>> plugins.qmltypes
>>

>> In case 3, can plugins.qmltypes  contain information about the QML types
>> in the resources, or will Qt-Creator extract that information on its own?
>>
>> And my third question: will there be built-in support for QML plugins in
>> a future version?
> Could you clarify what kind of special support you expect from a build
> tool here? In particular, which manual steps do you envision to be
> automated?
A module or item, for which I can set the URL, which would be passed to
the code as a compiler macro definition and cause a path to be created
in the install folder, where the qmldir file and qml files would be
copied to, a plugins.qmltypes file would be generated and the dll target
would be copied to.

I don't know, whether qml files are supported in a dll resources while
supplying meta information for Qt-Creator (like through the
plugins.qmltypes file), but that would be the finishing touch.