[Qbs] cpp.linkerFlags and bare-metal

Timur Kristóf timur.kristof at gmail.com
Wed May 31 20:32:22 CEST 2017

Hi Marcel,

> I am using qt creator with qbs already for some years now to create
> bare metal software. From qbs 1.6 I already got warnings about the
> cpp.linkerFlags and the escaping of -Wl, or -Xlinker. Till now I
> could not find a solution so I ignored it. But with qbs 1.8 there is
> no ignoring possible :-)

A little while ago I also asked the same question.
Basically, you want to give options to the compiler frontend of the
linker (the "driver"), but the cpp.linkerFlags in Qbs regulate linker
flags, not driver flags.

The answer is to use cpp.driverFlags instead. So the options you give
in driverFlags will also be given to every compiler command, but that's
not really an issue.

You can take a look here to see how I solved it:
https://github.com/Venemo/efm32-qbs-example/blob/master/qbs-custom/impo
rts/ArmMcuProduct.qbs

Hope this helps,
Timur