[Qbs] build graph and dependency visualisation

Christian Gagneraud chgans at gmail.com
Thu Nov 2 22:13:11 CET 2017

On 1/11/2017 11:02 PM, Christian Kandeler wrote:
> On Tue, 31 Oct 2017 12:42:33 +1300 Christian Gagneraud
> <chgans at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Is it possible to dump the build graph (eg for graphviz),
>
> There is the dump-nodes-tree command, which gives you a textual
> representation. You won't have much fun looking at a graphical
> representation of any non-trivial project.
>
>> and the build dependencies. If not, are there any plan?
>
> No and no. Though I suppose the list-products command could be
> extended to cover that, if there is a use case.

I should have been more precise, I'm interested in product
inter-dependencies, not build/source files dependencies, I think the
graph will still be a bit messy, but there are tool to massage and
visualise dot files, it's all about giving the right hints.
I will have a look at dump-nodes-tree and list-products.

Thanks,
Chris