[Qbs] Licensing of my own QBS modules

Карелин Павел hkarel at yandex.ru
Wed Nov 22 10:43:07 CET 2017

22.11.2017 07:58, Jake Petroules пишет:
> I took a quick look and:
>
> - protobuf module - there's actually an open issue for this (https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QBS-563) so maybe you could take ownership ;)
I created modules protobuf and cuda for building Caffe-Framework on QBS.
Since I'm developing only C++/C, I'm not ready to take responsibility
for the protobuf-generation for Python and Java. But I'm ready to
provide an example (if of course you are interested) of building
Caffe-Framework, so your can look at the work of modules protobuf and
cuda.  It only takes me awhile to do it.

> - cuda, gsoap... potentially useful, but I'm not that familiar with them
Indeed, module cuda needs further work. It is necessary to refine some
points, for example, replace "args.push ('- std = c ++ 11')" with a more
general instruction. Nevertheless, the module is quite workable, it can
probably be used as an example.
The module gsoap - is my first attempt at creating modules for QBS. The
gsoap generator has a rather complicated situation with the generation
of namespaces. Therefore, I would not recommend this module for use, it
needs serious revision

> - libs/... good, but set up in a way that seems fairly specific to your system.
In fact, it's just an agreement of the development team, which will be
located some of the libraries used in the development process. On my
previous work we supported about 10 OS (not the most recent versions -
the billing primarily values stability). Therefore, there was such an
arrangement: to place the relevant topical libraries in /opt.
This approach proved to be quite viable on Linux and WIndows, for example:

LibModule {
     id: opencv
     version: "3.0.x"
     prefix: "/opt/opencv"
     Properties {
         condition: qbs.targetOS.contains("windows")
                    && qbs.toolchain && qbs.toolchain.contains("mingw")
         prefix: "c:/opt/opencv"
         libSuffix: "/x86/mingw/lib"

But system libraries can also be used. For this, there is the useSystem
flag.

> Could be useful if made more general
I do not really know which way to move here. If you give recommendations
(ideas how to do it), then I will try to implement them.

> I'm curious about your need for the functions in GccUtl. Why do you need the full path to libstdc++.a?
I do not need a path to the libstdc++.a :) But I need a path to the
library libstdc++.so.6, provided that used the not system compiler. For
example, I use /opt/gcc/5.4.0 and the system compiler gcc has version
4.8. Versions of the library  libstdc++.so.6 are incompatible with them.

> And why gcc-ar instead of ar?
The reason is the same - incompatibility of compilers. This does not
always manifest itself, but I has already stepped on these rakes.