[Qbs] Tighter clang tooling integration

Christian Kandeler christian.kandeler at qt.io
Wed Nov 22 11:17:57 CET 2017

On Wed, 22 Nov 2017 17:42:23 +1300
Christian Gagneraud <chgans at gmail.com> wrote:

> I could maybe use a custom Rule item, one that "transform" every .cpp
> file into, say a .clazy file (output of clazy on the .cpp file).

The interesting question here is how to get at the fully expanded command lines without code duplication. This code is in the compiler rules of the cpp module; that's why it appears that there needs to be some tight integration with that module.
However, clazy for example is really just a compiler, so you can use it already today by simply setting cpp.compilerName to "clazy".

> Can't stop thinking of a 'qbs for-each-cpp somecommand --someflag {}'
> (similar to the 'find' and 'git for-each' commands)

But this doesn't help you get the right flags.