[Qbs] Qbs and ccache (and QtC)

Christian Gagneraud chgans at gmail.com
Thu Nov 23 03:34:14 CET 2017

Hi there,

QtC-4.5.0-rc1, qbs-1.10.0.

I just tried to enable ccache in QtCreator, and qbs failed complaining
it cannot find 'ar' and co.

When i want to enable ccache, i use the export
PATH=/usr/lib/ccache:$PATH trick (which is IMHO the "proper" way to deal
with this on Linux).

When i run QtC within this env, I can see new C/C++ compilers, eg. "GCC
(C++, x86 32bit in /usr/lib/ccache)" along "GCC (C++, x86 32bit in
/usr/bin)" - actually i'm not sure if they are auto-detected or if i set
that up myself some time ago.
I then clone my Qt profile, change the C/C++ compilers to use the
ccache'd ones), and then simply rename the profile to "Qt X.Y (ccache)"

When I select this Qt ccache'd profile, qbs complains that
/usr/lib/ccache/ar doesn't exists.
The problem seems to stem from Qbs trying to infer the path to 'ar'
based on the path to gcc.

Is this the right way to deal with ccache and QtC+Qbs?
Should I open a bug report? On Qtc, Qbs or both?

Chris