[Qbs] Rule with merging of inputs tuples (pairs)

Denis Shienkov denis.shienkov at gmail.com
Wed Oct 11 10:38:49 CEST 2017

Hi all,

is it possible to do something this?

I have following set of files as inputs:

1) a1.bin, a2.bin, a3.bin, ..., aN.bin
2) b1.bin, b2.bin, b3.bin, ..., bN.bin

I need to do some processing for this files to have on outputs
like:

c1.bin = a1.bin + b1.bin
c2.bin = a2.bin + b2.bin
c3.bin = a3.bin + b3.bin
cN.bin = aN.bin + bN.bin

A numbers of input A and B files are equal,
so, a number of output C files should be too equal.

The processing it is an usual 'copy' command, like:

copy /b aN.bin + bN.bin cN.bin

I have created a Rule:

Rule {

        inputs: ["a_binary", "b_binary"]

        Artifact {

            fileTags: ["c_binary"]

            filePath: "c.bin";

        }

        prepare: {

                    // Do something to call the
                    // copy /b aN.bin + bN.bin cN.bin command.

but is is unclear how to define an output artifact's file pach, because it
should be different
for each input, e.g. should be c1.bin, c2.bin and so on.?

Or, maybe it is better solution, and I'm wrong?

BR,
Denis