[Qbs] How build 32 bit application on 64 host OS

Christian Kandeler christian.kandeler at qt.io
Tue Oct 17 13:09:09 CEST 2017

On Tue, 17 Oct 2017 12:20:12 +0300
Карелин Павел <hkarel at yandex.ru> wrote:

> I'm working in Ubuntu 14.04, 64 bit. I use QtCreatir 4.4.1
> Now I needed to build a small qbs project for two architectures: intel
> 64 and 32 bits.
> I have installed qt4 system libraries, 64 and 32 bits respectively.
> qmake - only 64 bits.
> Simultaneously install the qmake to 64 and 32 bits - I can not, packages
> are mutually exclusive.

Hm, doesn't that mean that one of the two Qt installations is incomplete with regards to developing for it? You cannot build qmake projects with the 32-bit version either, right? At the moment, qmake is our entry point for setting up the Qt modules using setup-qt.
If you are working on the command line only, you might get away with installing the two packages one after the other (both with their associated qmake), calling setup-qt while they are "complete". However, in Qt Creator you always need the right qmake.