[Qbs] Why is there Rule:alwaysRun but not Probe:alwaysRun?

NIkolai Marchenko enmarantispam at gmail.com
Tue Oct 17 15:45:54 CEST 2017

I could just as well ask you to provide a use case for why is it necessary
to update the Rule artifacts that don't need updating (according to QBS).
Yet alwaysRun still exists.

As for Probes: getting the git tag and commit is certainly possible by
attaching to a HEAD file in the repo,
but this is completely counterintuitive and getting a tag and commit very
certainly is not an
"expensive operation that takes time". Why not simply let us set alwaysRun
and take responsibility for this running each time?

Or, if you think it more sensible, provide an option for the probe
rerunOnFileChange: [list of files]
which is what people are doing at the moment anyway so you might as well
make it officialy supported function