[Qbs] How build 32 bit application on 64 host OS

Карелин Павел hkarel at yandex.ru
Wed Oct 18 13:10:34 CEST 2017

Good afternoon, guys

Thank you for your responses. They gave me some food for thought.

Yesterday I spent half a day trying to substitute package qmake (from 64
bit to 32 bit). But I did not achieve much success.
In addition to the problems with creating Qt-profile in QtCreator for
qmake-32, were added problems with resolution of header files for 32 bit
libraries. For me, it remains a mystery why header files for 32-bit
libraries are located in /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu directory, while the
libraries themselves are in /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu ...

The funny thing about this situation is that the program should work on
OrangePi One (architecture armv7). But since OrangePi had an emulator
for Intel architecture 32 bit (ExaGear), then I thought why should I not
immediately compile a program for Intel-32 on my working computer...  So
I started this adventure ...

While I decided to stay on the native assembly on OrangePi

--
BR, Pavel Karelin