[Qbs] Qt.core.qtBuildVariant is not supported by this Qt installation

Christian Gagneraud chgans at gmail.com
Thu Sep 28 23:45:08 CEST 2017

Hi there,

Using QtC 4.4 with built-in Qbs, and custom Qt/toolchain builds
(Qt-5.6), I can use qbs to open my projects in QtC.

But today I had to investigate a bug in our code which required me to
use a different custom build (still is 5.6, but older)

With this Qt build Qbs complains with:
/home/developer/.config/QtProject/qtcreator/qbs/1.9.0/profiles/qtc_NOS_imx6_d5c4604e/modules/Qt/core/core.qbs:181:
warning: The following properties have invalid values:
Qt.core.availableBuildVariants: the Qt installation supports no build variants
Qt.core.qtBuildVariant: '' is not supported by this Qt installation

Which is an error, which means that all my projects are greyed out and
cannot be built.

It looks like this particular Qt build has no support for build
variants, i don't know exactly why, but something is sure: I cannot
change that.

Is there a way to keep Qbs happy even if Qt has no build variants?

PS: this doesn't seem to be an issue when i use our qmake based build
scripts (out of QtC).

Chris