[Qbs] Qt.core.qtBuildVariant is not supported by this Qt installation

Christian Gagneraud chgans at gmail.com
Fri Sep 29 11:53:08 CEST 2017

On 29 September 2017 at 21:48, Christian Kandeler
<christian.kandeler at qt.io> wrote:
> On Fri, 29 Sep 2017 10:45:08 +1300
> Christian Gagneraud <chgans at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi there,
>>
>> Using QtC 4.4 with built-in Qbs, and custom Qt/toolchain builds
>> (Qt-5.6), I can use qbs to open my projects in QtC.
>>
>> But today I had to investigate a bug in our code which required me to
>> use a different custom build (still is 5.6, but older)
>>
>> With this Qt build Qbs complains with:
>> /home/developer/.config/QtProject/qtcreator/qbs/1.9.0/profiles/qtc_NOS_imx6_d5c4604e/modules/Qt/core/core.qbs:181:
>> warning: The following properties have invalid values:
>> Qt.core.availableBuildVariants: the Qt installation supports no build variants
>> Qt.core.qtBuildVariant: '' is not supported by this Qt installation
>
> Please show us the QT_CONFIG line(s) from that Qt's mkspecs/qconfig.pri file.

Rrrr, my mkspecs seem to be generated at install time of our stuff..,
kind of difficult to track unfortunately. But it is doable.

In the mean-time, could you point to a particular qmake feature? Like
is it a PATH issue, an ABI issue, whatever ...

Chris