[Qbs] Unable to run qdoc in Qt 5.11

resurrection at centrum.cz resurrection at centrum.cz
Thu Mar 29 14:28:20 CEST 2018

Well it is reported only as warning because it does not prevent qdoc from finishing but it will not find any of the project's headers so it will not create any documenation. As Martin Smith explained here <https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-67289?focusedCommentId=396798&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-396798> it is required by qdoc in Qt 5.11. While it loads all header files it will find it will only consider for documentation purposes those found in the precompiled header (created from the moduleheader file). So while it will not fail per se no documentation will be generated either without it.

On a related note I thank you for the suggestion with the environment variable! However it only works for single include directory since qdoc unfortunately does not handle lists coming from environment variables but considers them a singular value. I have reported it already but for now I am not sure how to run qdoc via qbs with multiple includepaths set from qbs (other than setting them in qdocconf).

Michael

On 03/24/2018 04:38 PM, resurrection at centrum.cz wrote:

 > 2. All header files need to be included in a "moduleheader" file
 > specified in qdocconf file like so:
 >
 > moduleheader = MyModule.h

 I've now looked into this a bit more, and turns out that this is merely
 a warning, which can be ignored. If you really want to get rid of it you
 can set the environment variable QT_INSTALL_DOCS to
 here_is_my_Qt_installed/doc.

 Cheers,

 Joerg