[Qbs] Qbs JavaScript processing limits

resurrection at centrum.cz resurrection at centrum.cz
Sat Oct 13 10:46:47 CEST 2018

Hi, I have noticed that my probes that use heavy JavaScript crashes Qbs when processing very large files/data. The probes in question are here:

https://github.com/Resurr3ction/qbs-autoproject/blob/master/.autoproject/autoproject.qbs

The most problematic Probe is the "dependencyscanner". It basically reads files, applies regexp to content to extract the includes and saves what it found. Some of the files have 30k+ lines.

Is there a limit in Qbs JS engine for this kind of processing? Or a memory limit what it can hold in? Would moving it into JS Command help? Or perhaps I need to scan the large files by chunks or something? I clearly need to optimize it somehow but I am not sure in what way exactly.