[Qbs] How to download and uncompress files with Qbs directly?

Richard Weickelt richard at weickelt.de
Mon Aug 5 08:25:35 CEST 2019

> Does Qbs support downloading and uncompressing files directly?

Not directly, because it is a build automation tool and not a package manager.

> For example, I need to use Eigen 3.3.7
> <http://bitbucket.org/eigen/eigen/get/3.3.7.tar.bz2> in my project, and
> install it in the build folders of my projects. How to achieve my goal?

If you have a pkg-config file for Your library, then Qbs can generate a
module on-the-fly. See https://doc.qt.io/qbs/module-providers.html

Another automated and platform-independent library interface would be Conan
or vpgkg. Have you searched for packages on bintray?

If all that is not an option, then you might implement your own download &
install solution. You could potentially abuse Qbs probes for this.