[Qbs] Will Qbs 1.15 be developed and released by The Qt company?

Richard Weickelt richard at weickelt.de
Wed Aug 21 21:22:17 CEST 2019

> Thanks to The Qt company and all Qbs contributors, we know Qbs 1.14 release
> is around the corner.
>
> I think it should be the time to let Qbs contributors and users to know
> more the future of Qbs.
>
> Will Qbs 1.15 be developed and released by The Qt company?

If the Qt Company follows the current release cadence, then Qbs 1.15 might
be released together with QtCreator 4.11.
https://codereview.qt-project.org/c/qbs/qbs/+/271285 but whether that
happens, is unclear. There is nobody who has comitted to do so. That might
be one reason why you didn't get an answer to your question.

Further development of Qbs follows
https://wiki.qt.io/The_Qt_Governance_Model#Decision-making_process at the
moment. There is no roadmap because Qbs is no longer a Qt Company product
and all new features are currently contributed by external persons, probably
in their spare time.

Do you have any suggestion? Is there anything you would like to commit to?

Richard