[Qbs] Deployment and dependency bundling

Oswald Buddenhagen oswald.buddenhagen at gmx.de
Fri Dec 27 13:15:28 CET 2019

On Mon, Dec 23, 2019 at 06:28:19PM +0300, Alberto Mardegan wrote:
>Or maybe my approach is totally off, and it would be better to
>implement dependency deployment as a Product (since, ultimately, one
>would use it to obtain a MacOS package, an AppImage or a MSI package?)?

dependency embedding should be a property of the Depends item (based on
https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QBS-585). the way this is actually
handled is platform-dependent and needs to be properly abstracted
(https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QBS-229).
to make things work irrespective of module source, "regular"
installation needs to be made a proper part of the build graph
(https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QBS-1168 and linked tasks).