[Qbs] tst_blackbox-qt fails

Christian Kandeler Christian.Kandeler at qt.io
Wed Jan 2 13:12:45 CET 2019

On Sat, 29 Dec 2018 08:48:37 +0100
Richard Weickelt <richard at weickelt.de> wrote:

> I tried to build Qbs from source and to run the autotests on Debian stretch
> with Qt 5.9.7 and 5.12.0. After creating a Qt profile (with the built Qbs)
> and setting the undocumented QBS_AUTOTEST_PROFILE variable I still see some
> tests failing in tst_blackbox-qt (see log below).

I strongly suspect that you did not run the autotests with the exact same build that you called setup-qt with. Please double-check.

> I need some guidance how to properly setup the autotests. In addition, I
> would like to know how The Qt Company is running Qbs regression tests today
> on which platforms and when.

This is currently done on a local Jenkins-based CI. Tests run on Linux (32 and 64 bit), macOS (different versions) and Windows. On Windows, MSVC and mingw are tested. For the Qt autotests, we also test against a static Qt installation on Windows.

> The page at
> http://doc.qt.io/qbs/building-qbs.html does not talk about autotests and the
> docker images are outdated. Thus I assume that the information on this page
> is not used.

I don't know what you mean by that.

> I would be willing to update the Docker infrastructure and the
> documentation. It might be beneficial if anybody could easily run all
> autotests without setting anything up on the local system.

Most of the tests do not strictly require a profile, and the Qt tests skip themselves if no Qt profile was given, so this should work already.