[Qbs] debian patches

Christian Kandeler Christian.Kandeler at qt.io
Wed Jan 2 13:58:37 CET 2019

On Sat, 22 Dec 2018 03:31:16 +0000
Wookey <wookey at wookware.org> wrote:

> On 2018-12-21 09:18 +0000, Christian Kandeler wrote:
> > By the way, I was looking at the patches Debian applies, and I have a couple of questions/comments.
> > - remove_rpaths.diff: Why is the line that *conditionally* sets the rpath removed instead of building with the CONFIG value that exists for this very purpose? Is that against some platform convention?
>
> Because every package would have to explicitly disable rpaths, when
> the default in debian is 'turn those pesky rpaths OFF'. It is indeed against
> debian policy for a build tool to turn them on by default.

I think there's a misunderstanding here: This is about using an rpath when building qbs itself, which can be turned off setting a qmake CONFIG variable. What I'm trying understand is why that is not considered simpler than creating and applying a diff.

> > - qml_type_descriptions.diff: Will not be needed anymore in qbs 1.13.
>
> OK. cool. Will this be obvious to the maintainer because the same patch is adopted upstream?

Well, the upstream patch touches the line right above, so I'd think there's a good chance that the diff won't apply anymore.