[Qbs] tst_blackbox-qt fails

Richard Weickelt richard at weickelt.de
Wed Jan 30 07:20:30 CET 2019

Christian,

>> This is how I build and test now:
>>
>> qbs build profile:qt
>> qbs run -p qbs_app profile:qt -- setup-toolchains --detect
>> qbs run -p qbs_app profile:qt -- setup-qt
>> /usr/local/Qt/5.9.7/gcc_64/bin/qmake qt
>> QBS_AUTOTEST_PROFILE=qt qbs build -p autotest-runner profile:qt
>>
>> Is this how it is supposed to be done?
> > Looks fine to me. For extra safety, e.g. if simultaneous execution with
> other qbs instances is required, one would also pass a dedicated
> --settings-path, as to have truly unique profiles for the respective
> run.
I have to bring this up again because I noticed that autotest-runner above
does only work if I export QBS_AUTOTEST_PROFILE to the system environment.
Exporting it in the current user session as shown above, does not work. The
only way I was able to do it was, to override project.autotestWrapper with a
custom script that exports QBS_AUTOTEST_PROFILE. But isn't that a little
awkward? Therefore I would like to know:

1. Is that the way how developers are supposed to inject profiles into the
   autotest-runner product?
2. How are you doing it? Could you publish your Jenkins scripts?
3. How about adding a property "runEnvironment" to QbsAutotest that would
   allow to set the profile on the command line when building
   autotest-runner? Those variables would be appended to
   qbs.commonRunEnvironment in the product.

Thank you very much
Richard