[Qbs] A simple project that copy an executable does not work

Vincent Hui vincenthk007 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 6 10:21:37 CEST 2019

Hi,

I created a simple project to copy an executable generated by
CppApplication. However the executable is not copied.

I cannot figure out why? Can anyone tell me why?

Thank you very much.

Regards,
Vincent

my qbs file
"
import qbs.base
import qbs.File
import qbs.FileInfo

CppApplication {
    name: "myapp"
    consoleApplication: true
    files: "main.cpp"
    Depends { name: "Qt.core" }

    Group {     // Properties for the produced executable
        fileTagsFilter: "application"
        qbs.install: true
        qbs.installDir: "bin"
    }

    Rule {
        inputs: ["application"]
        Artifact {
            filePath: input.fileName + ".out"
        }
        prepare: {
            var cmd = new JavaScriptCommand();
            cmd.description = "generating " +
FileInfo.fileName(output.filePath);
            cmd.sourceCode = function() {
                File.copy(input.filePath, output.filePath);
            }
            return cmd;
"