[Qbs] A simple project that copy an executable does not work

Иван Комиссаров abbapoh at gmail.com
Sat Jul 6 15:51:24 CEST 2019

Yes, Qbs doc is a bit incomplete and contains some confusing and misleading examples.

I even failed to answer your question myself. Well, I understood the reason correctly (there’s no dependent product), but failed to provide a working example in reasonable time.

Feel free to create tickets (or even provide patch sets) for the doc - I (we?) will try to improve what’s unclear. I personally learned Qbs by looking at the QtCreator source code (which is not user friendly, but there were almost no doc in 2013) so it is not very clear for me which parts of the doc are missing/incomplete/misleading. However, the doc is very important as it’s what users see.

Your feedback is welcome!

Ivan.