[Qbs] Qbs (way) faster than cmake (or benchmark issue)

Christian Gagneraud chgans at gmail.com
Tue Jul 23 14:07:42 CEST 2019

On Tue, 23 Jul 2019 at 21:17, Иван Комиссаров <abbapoh at gmail.com> wrote:

> Yeah, blog post would be nice. I'd wait for the product graph feature though so we could compare cmake buildgraph and Qbs build graphs as well.

Writing such an article would require a bit more work in term of
collecting and analysing data. As well, one would need to make sure
that the comparison is fair, which i'm not certain it currently is at
this stage. As well, to be complete, i would need to measure qmake
perf and cmake+make as well. I would need to check qbs with the
combineMocOutput option, ...
As well a comparaison when using a hot ccache could be useful to
measure overhead of the build system, ...

The dependency graph export i would like to write has actually nothing
to do with this perf comparaison and won't be useful. The 2 graphs
(product/target based) have to be identical, this is about correctness
not performance.

Chris