[Qbs] bare-metal: Need help with adding of SDCC compiler

Orgad Shaneh orgads at gmail.com
Fri Mar 1 09:44:22 CET 2019

On Thu, Feb 21, 2019 at 9:52 PM Denis Shienkov <denis.shienkov at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi guys.
>
> I have planns to add support for SDCC [1] compiler to QBS/QtC for
> bare-metal devices.
>
> But problem is that this compiler supports multiple different arcitectures:
>
> c:\SDCC\bin>sdcc -v
> SDCC :
> mcs51/z80/z180/r2k/r3ka/gbz80/tlcs90/ds390/pic16/pic14/TININative/ds400/hc08/s08/stm8
> 3.8.0 #10562 (MINGW32)
> published under GNU General Public License (GPL)
>
> The target architecture is specified trough the flag -m<arch>... So, in
> different cases we wil get a different predefined macroses, e.g:

... snip ...

> So, it is problematic to define a compiler ABI and etc...
>
> Has anybody any suggestions how to solve this? Is any similar cases in
> QtC/QBS?

Why should Qbs care about the predefined macros? Qtc needs them for the
code model, but it passes -m flags (at least now with
https://codereview.qt-project.org/254118).

So in the kit you can set the default ABI (if any, or unknown otherwise),
and the code model will pick up the correct ABI according to the compiler
flags.

- Orgad