[Qbs] Who compared build times of Qt Creator with CMake and qbs?

Richard Weickelt richard at weickelt.de
Tue May 14 20:42:50 CEST 2019

Tobias,

I think it is of utmost importance for the survival of Qbs that it is fully
supported by an IDE like QtCreator.

> Note that this is about the build system used to *build Qt Creator with*, not
> about *build systems supported by Qt Creator*. I would personally like to keep
> qbs supported as a build system for projects in Qt Creator for as long as it is
> feasible.

What would yo define as the minimum criteria for keeping Qbs supported in Qt
Creator?

> The challenge will be Qt 6: Creator will use Qt 6 ASAP and since qbs is linked
> into Creator, that will also need to be ported to Qt 6 to stay feasible.

Do you already have an idea when QtCreator will switch to Qt 6? Given the
current release plan https://wiki.qt.io/Qt5Releasing, I expect the first
release of Qt6 to happen around November 2020.

Best regards
Richard