[Qbs] Donation to QBS developers/maintainers/contributes

Richard Weickelt richard at weickelt.de
Wed May 15 12:50:33 CEST 2019

> Maybe then, do we can take the JS engine from the Qt declarative? As
> a simple way... No? Let's define a first concrete tasks, what do we
> need to do at all? :)

1.  Read and understand https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QBS-913
2.  Analyse and understand how Qbs uses the JS engine from QtScript
3.  Understand what infrastructure is missing in QtDeclarative
4a. Implement the missing pieces and get them into QtDeclarative
4b. Implement the missing pieces and put them into Qbs
4c. Go with a different JS engine

As Oswald already said: it's probably less effort to carry on QtScript as a submodule and port it over to Qt6. Personally, I would prefer 4a as it would allow using QML as DSL for similar applications like Qbs. Feel free to come up with a proof of concept.