[Qbs] Who compared build times of Qt Creator with CMake and qbs?

Orgad Shaneh orgads at gmail.com
Wed May 15 17:29:57 CEST 2019

du -shc build-qtc-qbs
15G     build-qtc-qbs
15G     total
du -shc build-qtc-cmake
4.0G    build-qtc-cmake
4.0G    total

The number of jobs is default. For qbs it's 40, ninja uses 42.

I tried again without autotests, as Christian suggested:

time qbs -f ../qt-creator/qtcreator.qbs profile:qt-5-11-1
modules.cpp.compilerWrapper:ccache project.withAutotests:false
cold ccache:
real    4m58.383s
user    114m45.623s
sys     15m38.866s

warm cache:
real    1m20.800s
user    16m20.307s
sys     3m57.194s

time cmake ../qt-creator -DCMAKE_CXX_COMPILER_LAUNCHER=ccache
-DCMAKE_C_COMPILER_LAUNCHER=ccache -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Debug -G Ninja
real    0m8.256s
user    0m7.425s
sys     0m0.827s

time ninja