[Qbs] Module adding source files to a project

Alberto Mardegan mardy at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Nov 28 20:28:40 CET 2019

Hi Richard,

On 28/11/19 01:17, Richard Weickelt wrote:
> Ideally, I think, the user would just invoke some tool and use a prebuilt
> binary and not need to build the run-time from source. If building from
> source is required, let the user install AppImageKit somewhere and just
> point Qbs to the installation path in a property like shown below.

you know what? I have no idea what I was thinking about when writing my
e-mail :-)
Indeed, the AppImageKit project provides the appimagetool binary, which
is not unreasonable to require to be installed when someone wants to
create an AppImage. The appimage QBS module could use a Probe to locate
it, or allow the user to specify its location.

> Why do you need to build "runtime" from source? Is a prebuilt version not
> shipped together with AppImageKit or at least available here:
> https://github.com/AppImage/AppImageKit/releases ?

My biggest concern was with the CPU architecture, as I was assuming (I
didn't have an internet connection when I was thinking about this) that
the AppImageKit project wouldn't make binaries but for x86_64; this is
not the case, and binaries exist for all the most popular architectures.

Ciao,
  Alberto

--
http://www.mardy.it - Geek in un lingua international