[Qbs] Binary stripping

Alberto Mardegan mardy at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Apr 9 21:49:48 CEST 2020

Hi all!
  Sorry for spamming the list :-)
I noticed that binaries generated by mingw are quite large, and when I
ran the "strip" command on them, the size was reduced by more than half,
without losing functionality.

I'm building my application with the `config:release` option. Shouldn't
that run "strip" on the generated binaries? I see that QBS seems to be
strip-aware already (there are the stripName and stripPath options in
the cpp module), but it appears that their usage is only triggered if
separate debug information is requested.

Is there a reason why "strip" is not invoked when in release mode?

Ciao,
  Alberto

--
http://www.mardy.it - Geek in un lingua international