[Qbs] Passing paths to properties

Alberto Mardegan mardy at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Feb 4 19:40:24 CET 2020

On 03/02/20 15:37, Christian Kandeler wrote:

>> This and in addition - since the documentation already calls the property a
>> "path" [1] - introduce a path property type in Qbs which does that
>> automatically for us in its toString() method.
>
> https://doc.qt.io/qbs/language-introduction.html#property-types

It seems to me, though, that this "path" type is little more than an
alias to "string", in that it doesn't have any methods and doesn't seem
to be treated specially.

Anyway:

  https://codereview.qt-project.org/c/qbs/qbs/+/289261

I was happy to see that the FileInfo.resolvePath() already exists. :-)
It's not documented, however; is there any reason for that, or should we
add it to the reference?

Ciao,
  Alberto

--