[Qbs] Depending on a library that is both shared and static

Jochen Ulrich jochen.ulrich at clausmark.com
Thu Feb 20 09:40:25 CET 2020

Hi Uwe!

I would probably create two products: one for the static library and one for the dynamic library and I would make the dynamic library depend on the static library:

StaticLibrary {
    name: "mylibrary-static"
    targetName: "mylibrary"
    // ...
}

DynamicLibrary {
    name: "mylibrary-dynamic"
    targetName: "mylibrary"
    Depends { name: "mylibrary-static" }
    // ...
}

Note that it is *not* necessary to list the source files inside the DynamicLibrary again unless they should be compiled differently (different preprocessor defines or similar).
So this will even reduce compile time because the code is compiled only once.

Best
Jochen