[Qbs] Using QBS with an nonexistent $HOME

Alberto Mardegan mardy at users.sourceforge.net
Sat Feb 29 07:05:05 CET 2020

Hi there!
  I'm trying to build a Debian/Ubuntu package of a QBS project in
launchpad.net; the site uses sbuild, which has the peculiarity of
setting "HOME=/sbuild-nonexistent".

I'm stuck at the step "qbs setup-qt", which fails with this error:

Setting up Qt profile 'qt5' failed: Cannot create directory
'/sbuild-nonexistent/.config/QtProject/qbs/1.10.1/profiles/qt5/modules/Qt'.

Adding the "--system" option to QBS doesn't seem to help. I guess I
could workaround the issue by setting HOME=$PWD, but this partially
defeats the point of using sbuild.

Is there a better way to solve this? I'm especially curious, because the
step "setup-toolchains" doesn't seem to be affected by this issue.

Ciao,
  Alberto

--
http://www.mardy.it - Geek in un lingua international