[Qbs] Products with Space in Name

Björn Schäpers qt-maillist at hazardy.de
Fri Jun 26 13:14:11 CEST 2020

Hi,

I have a lot of products which have spaces in their name. Until now everything
was fine, but now I want to access the property of one of my dependencies. How
to do that with a space in the name, or should spaces in the name be banned
completely?

Works:

DynamicLibrary {
    name: "FooBar"
}

CppApplication {
    Depends { name: "cpp" }
    Depends { name: "FooBar" }
    cpp.defines = ["FOO_PATH=\"" + FooBar.buildDirectory + "\""]
}

Does not work:
DynamicLibrary {
    name: "Foo Bar"
}

CppApplication {
    Depends { name: "cpp" }
    Depends { name: "Foo Bar" }
    cpp.defines = ["FOO_PATH=\"" + (What to put here?).buildDirectory + "\""]
}

If you wonder what I'm trying to do: Write a plugin (loader) and test it. For
that I need the path where my plugin is located.
If there is a better way to do that I'm all ears.

Kind regards,
Björn.