[Qbs] QBS script parsing speed

Richard Weickelt richard at weickelt.de
Tue Jun 30 13:49:58 CEST 2020

> I would like to know if any measures are being planned to
> increase the speed of re-parsing a project? I am using QtCreator 4.11.2
> (QBS 1.15.1)

Some ideas:

1. Incremental project resolving: Take the dependency graph into account
when re-resolving a project so that unchanged products are not evaluated again.

2. Parallel resolving: Evaluate unrelated products using multiple threads.

Both would require a lot of refactoring work in the projectresolver and
moduleloader modules. I would really like to do something about it or see
somebody else doing something about it. But as a spare time job, this looks
undoable.

Nevertheless, we can try our best to make small steps forward.

Richard