[Qbs] Building Qbs for conan/bintray on Gitlab

Kai Dohmen psykai1993 at googlemail.com
Sat Mar 21 13:06:00 CET 2020

Hello,

I try to build a Qbs conan package (with static linked Qt) so conan could
just install Qbs with a simple "build_requires". Building the conan package
works fine on my local machine. But when I use Gitlab-CI to build the
packages it fails to build.
To build locally I use the following Dockerfile:

FROM conanio/gcc8

ENV CONAN_USERNAME="psy-kai" \
    CONAN_CHANNEL="testing" \
    CONAN_GCC_VERSIONS="8" \
    CONAN_REMOTES="
https://api.bintray.com/conan/bincrafters/public-conan@True@bincrafters"

RUN sudo pip install --upgrade conan_package_tools && \
    conan user

COPY *.py .
COPY test_package test_package
RUN python build.py

Placing this into the cloned repo and running "docker build" works just
fine.
The complete build output of the crashing gitlab-ci build can be found at
https://gitlab.com/Psy-Kai/conan-qbs/-/jobs/480352993.

Hopefully anyone can help me with this issue. I think a pre-build Qbs conan
package would help a lot, especially when using CI systems.

Additionally some off topic: the documentation for the ConanfileProbe does
not match with the current implementation. Maybe you should fix the docs
before 1.16 release ;)

Best Regards,
Kai Dohmen