[Qbs] Qtc: Cannot find the androiddeploy Json file

Richard Weickelt richard at weickelt.de
Tue May 12 08:37:27 CEST 2020

> When i want to "run" on the device:
> Initializing deployment to Android device/simulator
> Deploying to 150c980e8288de07
> Cannot find the androiddeploy Json file.
> Error while building/deploying project Neon Factory Tools (kit:
> Android for arm64-v8a (Clang Qt 5.12.8 for Android ARM64-v8a))
> When executing step "Deploy to Android device"
>
> I think this happens only when i do cosmetic changes in my qbs files.
> The only way to recover is to trigger a manual build, changing a
> source file is not enough.
>
> Any idea what's goind on?
> Looks to me this problem is on QtC side.

A quick guess and without ever having built an Android project: The selected
product is the application executable and thus, none of the subsequent rules
is executed. Could that explain it? Have a look at
https://code.qt.io/cgit/qbs/qbs.git/tree/share/qbs/module-providers/Qt/templates/android_support.qbs
There is a rule that produces qt_androiddeployqt_input (the json file) which
I guess is not requested when you press the "run" button. There are also
subsequent rules responsible for the deployment.

You could add one of the rule's output to your product type, although I
guess there is a cleaner way of doing it.

YourAndroidProduct {
    type: base.concat("bundled_jar")