[Qbs] Issues building for Android

Ola Røer Thorsen ola at silentwings.no
Mon Oct 12 15:07:14 CEST 2020

Hi, anyone know the status of building Qt apps for Android using Qbs now?
I've successfully done this before, but now I can't get it to work.

I've got QtCreator 4.13.2 installed, and have set up everything regarding
the Android SDK/NDK from within QtCreator. Everything should be Ok
(QtCreator says "Java Settings are OK", "Android settings are OK. (SDK
Version: 3.1, NDK Version: 21.1.6352462)"; "OpenSSL Settings are OK".)

If I create a new Qt Quick app from the QtCreator wizard, I can
successfully build and deploy on my Android phone if I use either qmake or
cmake. But for Qbs, it now ends with

Processing IMinistroCallback.aidl [androidtest]
Processing IMinistro.aidl [androidtest]
copying Qt resource templates [androidtest]
The process '<HOME>/Android/Sdk/build-tools/aidl' could not be started:
execve: No such file or directory.

Looking inside the Sdk directory, the aidl binary is indeed not there, but
rather found in the subdirectories 29.0.2 and 28.0.3.

Known issue, new bug? Any hints how to get around this?

Cheers,
Ola