[Qbs] Issues building for Android

Ola Røer Thorsen ola at silentwings.no
Mon Oct 12 17:19:37 CEST 2020

man. 12. okt. 2020 kl. 16:45 skrev Christian Kandeler <
christian.kandeler at qt.io>:

> Do you have qbs.architectures set in your project? You could try setting
> it to some permutations of the supported set (as printed by the quoted Qt
> detection code), and see whether they all fail or just e.g. the ARM one.

They are set (automatically), the default values are
armv7a,arm64,x86,x86_64. If I try to set the qbs.architectures property
from within the project, then something else goes wrong so Qbs refuses to
build ("module Qt.Quick could not be loaded" etc,). There is no GUI in
QtCreator to set only one or more of the architectures as far as I can see.

Also tried to set

    Android.sdk.buildToolsVersion: "29.0.2"

in my project, that brings the build just slightly further,
aidl E 10-12 17:16:49 10007 10007 aidl.cpp:411] cannot open preprocessed
file: /home/olathorsen/Android/Sdk/platforms/framework.aidl
here, the "missing" directory in platforms is called android-29 in the SDK.

This is with using Qt 5.15.2 btw. I'll try 5.14 next to see if there is
anything different there.. Last time I tried building for Android it did
not try to multiplex building for all the architectures at once like this.

Best regards,
Ola