[Qbs] Issues building for Android

Ola Røer Thorsen ola at silentwings.no
Wed Oct 14 21:48:24 CEST 2020

ons. 14. okt. 2020 kl. 21:03 skrev Raphael Cotty <raphael.cotty at gmail.com>:

> Hi,
> Just tried the Qt Quick wizard. If you change the CppApplication into
> QtGuiApplication then it works (instead of QtApplication).

Thanks again everyone. So, my previous build error was eliminated by wiping
the build directory completely and starting from scratch. Maybe something
is not cleaned up properly in the build directory even when doing clean
rebuild (stuff created from the android tools, not the c++ compiler).
Googling the internet for the "duplicate class" problem turned up some
others having that issue that aren't using Qbs, recommending just wiping
all build artifacts.

Starting everything from scratch but with a QtApplication didn't work for
me, I needed to set those two extra properties in the Qbs profile manually.
But then it works! Finally, my app runs on the target Android device.

quite work, might need to set the two additional Qbs properties in the kit
manually. In my case:
Android.sdk.buildToolsVersion: 29.0.2
Android.sdk.platform: android-29
- Use QtApplication, not CppApplication. The QtCreator-wizard could need
this change to avoid more confusion. Reported it here:
https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTCREATORBUG-24783
- There might be some cleanup-issue in the build artifacts when messing
around like I just did, causing the duplicate class error. Quick fix was to
delete the whole build directory and try again.
- Qt 5.15.x does not work for Android with Qbs yet, so I'll stick with Qt
5.14.

Best regards,
Ola