[Qbs] (no subject)

Dan Pat dannix84 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 11 09:23:01 CET 2021

Hi. I have a question about making third-party libraries available/visible
when running programs from qtcreator.  We have a number of prebuilt
libraries in the source tree which are currently wrapped in Modules. The
modules contain include/library paths, so any depending products build
fine, but fail to run because the runtime is unable to locate the library
files. One way (our current approach) to solve the problem is to list those
files in Modules under Group items, make them installable to "install-root"
location and make that location searchable by the dynamic linker (under
Windows it is the default behaviour). It works but leads to an
inconvenience - these files now show up as being part of the depending
products. I know that this is by design, but in this case library files
being listed N times in N dependent products look strange at the least. Can
anyone recommend a nicer approach?