[Qbs] Environment with AutotestRunner

Björn Schäpers qt-maillist at hazardy.de
Sat Mar 13 11:28:58 CET 2021

Am 01.12.2020 um 10:50 schrieb Christian Kandeler:
> On 12/1/20 8:59 AM, Björn Schäpers wrote:
>>
>> I'm developing on Windows and have a 64 Bit Qt in my path, but because
>> the linker in 64 Bit mode is much slower than its 32 Bit counterpart I
>> often develop in 32 Bit. If I run the programs directly from the
>> Creator everything is fine.
>>
>> If I click build for the AutotestRunner it seems that the environment
>> is not correctly set. While it loads correctly the 32 Bit runtime
>> (which is also not on the non modified path) the Qt path is not added
>> and it only finds the 64 Bit Qt5Core.dll (which fails to load).
>>
>> Who is at fault, qbs, QtCreator, or I (something not correctly
>> configured)?
>
> The AutotestRunner does not set up the environment automatically (like
> "qbs run" does). You need to do that yourself. See tests/tests.qbs in
> the qbs repository for an example.
>

> Christian

Sorry for not answering any sooner. :)
I have now looked into that, but it just adds the path for Qt. That
would help for my initial query, but I have tests which depend on other
products, which in turn are not in the PATH by default.

I have looked a bit into it. Is there any possibility to run the
setupRunEnvironment of the correct module from the AutotestRunner.qbs's
rule?

Otherwise it would be much easier for me to provide a list of tests and
just qbs run them sequentially.

Greetings,
Björn.