[Qbs] Exporting Dependencies on generated files

Björn Schäpers qt-maillist at hazardy.de
Mon Nov 15 20:54:10 CET 2021

Am 15.11.2021 um 09:18 schrieb Christian Kandeler:

> On 11/12/21 20:33, Björn Schäpers wrote:
>> This should work if you include "hpp" in the type of the generating product.
>>
>> Adding "hpp" as type does indeed result in the complete compilation of the
>> generating product, before the using product is started. But the files were
>> not recompiled if there were changes, so this only helps in the initial build.
>
> There is no difference between initial and subsequent builds in this regard.
>
> > What was I needed is also to Export cpp.treatSystemHeadersAsDependencies: true.
>
> That's an unrelated property that's not relevant for headers that are
> artifacts of the project.
>

> Christian

I export the output directory of protobuf as cpp.systemIncludePaths. If I change
something in my .proto and say build for the depending product within QtCreator
qbs updates the generated files and only after it starts to compile the
dependent files, although there were enough idle cores.

Setting the "hpp" type did not have the result, changing the .proto files and
hitting build did regenerate the headers, but did not recompile the using files,
resulting in linker errors.

Kind regards,
Björn.