[Qbs] QBS for Ubuntu LTS releases and docker images

Alberto Mardegan mardy at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Jul 19 13:54:51 CEST 2022

Добрый день, Павел!

On 02/06/22 13:14, Карелин Павел wrote:
> It's too bad the core developers of QBS didn't do this sooner. Now the
> fresh compiled version of QBS can only be downloaded as an archive (and
> in my country even this cannot be done now).

I happen to live in the same country :-)

> Not that this was a problem for me, but as an indirect sign of the
> immaturity of the product, there is a place to be. Sometimes I hear such
> reproaches among my colleagues.
>
> Alberto, will the repository work for ARM-platforms? Or only Amd/Intel?

The docker images are only AMD/Intel, but of course can be used to
cross-compile if the right toolkit is provided.

The QBS builds on the Launchpad PPA are built for amd64, i386, armhf and
arm64. So, given that the sources for the Docker images are public (see
https://github.com/mardy/docker-images), I believe i should be easy to
generate docker images for other architectures.

In my experience, however, cross compiling is always faster.

Ciao,
   Alberto