[Qbs] Running the target through a wrapper

Alberto Mardegan mardy at users.sourceforge.net
Sat Oct 8 18:17:30 CEST 2022

Hi all!
   On some occasions I've found myself in need of debugging the
executable under gdb, strace and valgrind. Running

     gdb ./default/install-root/usr/local/bin/MyApp

has always worked well for me, but I wonder:

1) Would this break if the app depends on shared libraries existing in
the same project, unless the user explicitly sets LD_LIBRARY_PATH to the
proper locations?

2) Can we make it even simpler?

I'm considering the idea of adding an option to run the target under a
wrapper, something like

     qbs run --products MyApp --wrapper "valgrind --trace-children=yes"

Does anyone have plans to implement something similar? If not, and if
you think that the idea is sound, I might give it a go (hints welcome).

Ciao,
   Alberto

--
http://www.mardy.it - Geek in un lingua international