[Qbs] HEADS UP: Branch 2.0 created/Testing strongly recommended

Christian Kandeler christian.kandeler at qt.io
Tue Feb 7 10:50:38 CET 2023

Hi,

we have branched off qbs 2.0 today. As indicated by the version jump,
this is a major update in that we switched the JavaScript engine from
QtScript to QuickJS. While there are no intentional changes (except
removing some functions deprecated years ago), it is possible that the
new engine will uncover dormant bugs in project files (e.g. QtScript was
rather generous in accepting undefined values where it didn't have to).
Of course, user projects could also expose bugs on our side that were
not caught by our tests. It is therefore an even better idea than usual
to check this release branch against your projects.

The planned release date is end of March.