[Qbs] Accessing overloaded properties

Jochen Becher jochen_becher at gmx.de
Mon Jan 8 12:37:03 CET 2024

Happy New Year!

I havbe a question about qbs syntax. My qbs files look like this:

MyProject.qbs:

Project {
	property string installDir: { throw "installDir must be set" }
}

AProject.qbs:

MyProject {
    id: solution
    installDir: "myfolder"

    MyProject {
        installDir: solution.installDir + "/mysubfolder"

My question is about"solution.installDir". Using "project.installDir"
doesn't work. "outer.installDir" or "base.installDir" is also not
allowed or not what I want.

But I am not sure if defining "id" and using it in a subitem like in
QML is really supported. It works and is sometimes but it is not
documented in the qbs manual.

Is using the id element correct? If not, what is the correct way to
accomplish this?

Regards, Jochen