[Qt-creator] Emacs key bindings for Qt Creator?

André Pönitz andre.poenitz at nokia.com
Mon May 4 09:49:41 CEST 2009

On Saturday 02 May 2009 15:50:57 ext Stefan Vollmar wrote:
> On 29.04.2009, at 04:03, Jonathan Wong wrote:
>
> > Is there any Emacs key bindings for Qt Creator? Much like how Visual
> > Studio has it. Not perfect,
> > nor does it have to be. Actually, even Meta- (Alt-) works, doesn't
> > conflict with keyboard
> > shortcuts for menus (I just press Alt, release, then hit any menu
> > shortcuts I want).
>
> [...]
>
> > I'm not asking for complex Emacs functions. Just the "move up/down/
> > left/right". The "move by
> > word". Page up/down. Etc. Incremental search if possible (that's my
> > long-time life-partner,
> > sorry), forward/reverse. Mark-set for copying text. That's about it.
> > Oh, Ctrl+x,s.
> >
> > I'm willing to contribute here. How?
>

> I totally agree that a few (optional) Emacs key binding would make an
> excellent tool even better! In addition to the above, I am missing
> Ctrl-K (which is probably not difficult to implement). Pretty please!

I outlined a possible process (copy plugins/fakevim/fakevimplugin.{h,cpp},
to some plugin/fakeemacs, and  start implementing something similar
to fakevimhandler.cpp).

I can lend a hand when it comes to integrating somebody else's
work, but I won't do it myself. I've never "really" used emacs, and
I have a few other projects open already...

Andre'